Tuesday, January 21, 2014
2013: Be(a)st of Death metal
* Carcass - Surgical Steel (UK). * Tormented - Death Awaits (Sweden). * Six Feet Under - Unborn (USA). * Tribulation - The Formulas of Death (Sweden). * Atomwinter - Atomic Death Metal (Germany). * Deathchain - Ritual Death Metal (Finland)
10) Immolation - Kingdom Of Conspiracy (USA)
In your face, death metal from US.
9) Svart Crown - Profane (France)
Blackened death metal, with some minor similarities to Ulcerate's sound! Good shit!
8) Deformatory - In The Wake of Pestilence (USA)
Great technical death metal without being too complex to my taste. Check it out!
7) Decaying - The Last Days Of War (Finland)
Death/Doom metal in veins of Asphyx, but also with deep growls thrown in the mix! KILLER!!
6) Tyrant Goatgaldrakona – Horns in the Dark (Hungary)
Slays!! Don't really have anything bad to say about this.
5) Vastum - Patricidal Lust (USA)
Rather slow, but so catchy death metal. I like this a lot, for the same reasons as I love Torture Killer actually!
4) Entrails - Raging Death (Sweden)
Swedish old school death metal. Nothing more, nothing less.
3) Hail of Bullets - III: The Rommel Chronicles (Netherlands)
Martin Van Drunen + War + Death metal ....Nuff said.
2) Torture Killer - Phobia (Finland)
Groovy mid-tempo death metal from Finland. Not the most creative band, but so fucking catchy and good, can't stop listening! Preview featuring vocals by Chris Barnes (Six Feet Under, ex. Cannibal Corpse)
1) Ulcerate - Vermis (New Zealand)
I usually love old school sound in death metal, but Ulcerete is one of the few progressive/technical death metal acts that really just blows my mind away!
Their sick ass blastbeat driven drum work mixed with the monstrous and very dark atmospheric guitars and deep death growls are just a sound of its own. A classic of forward thinking death metal.
All Hail Ulcerate!